Should I rent or own?
When you choose a new water heater, you can either rent it or buy it. Either way, there are some things to consider.
If you rent
- You pay a monthly fee for your water heater that typically includes installation and maintenance
- Your service agreement will offer 24/7 coverage if anything goes wrong
- You can upgrade your heater to meet your changing needs, such as a growing family
If you own
- You pay a one-time upfront cost vs. monthly payments
- You can save on the total cost of the water heater over its lifespan—talk to your retailer for details
- Many retailers offer financing and installation programs